Friday 20 November 2015

Evaluation Draft: Question One


In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
During my research process, I looked at the common conventions found within regional magazines. I went on to look at existing magazines and how they use or manipulate the common conventions in their existing products. I gained ideas and inspiration from this process and incorporated these into my own work. I also looked into general conventions found in all magazines, these include features such as barcodes, release date, issue number and price. All of these feature on my work. I wanted to include these in order to my magazine seem as authentic as possible and replicate existing products. When creating my ancillary texts, I carried out the same process. I looked at conventions of both magazines and websites and went on to display examples of both on my blog. I used these as a guide for creating my own products. I feel as if both ancillary texts reflect existing products and are close to authentic websites and billboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment